We would be happy to discuss with you the possibility of having your wedding at First Baptist Church Halifax!
The first step would be to contact the Church Office (902-422-5203) to see if your chosen date for the ceremony is available. If it is, the next step is to contact Rev. Jenny Drewitz (902-422-5203 Ext. 12) to arrange an interview.
Here is some information you may find helpful:
- We do not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation
- We require that one of our Ministers lead the wedding service, but other ministers/priests are welcome to assist
- We require couples to meet with the Minister at least three times and to take a marriage preparation course
- Our Director of Music/Organist has the right to play for all weddings
- All music must be approved by the Church through the Director of Music and Minister
- A fee will be paid, usually 3 months before the wedding. It includes the use of the Sanctuary and the services of the Minister, Organist and Assistant Sexton for the Rehearsal and the Wedding