First Baptist is supported by the volunteer offerings of our congregation and friends. Financial statements are produced each year following a review audit and are available from the Church Office.You may choose one of the following ways to offer your support for the mission and ministry of our Church:
- You can make a donation to First Baptist with your credit card by clicking the button. Be sure to tell us if you want it to be credited to a particular purpose. Thank you!
Offering Envelopes: These are useful for monitoring your weekly contributions and receiving a receipt for income tax purposes at the end of the year. Contact the office by telephone (422-5203) of email to arrange getting a box
Pre-authorized Offering Plan (POP): With this method you authorized the Church to deduct a specific monthly amount from your designated bank account. You can instruct the Church on how it is to be used. Details and forms are available at the office.
What advantages are there to using this method of giving?
- Reduced banking fees to you and the church.One withdrawal per month from your own bank account.
- The plan provides the church with a guaranteed amount of offerings per month. This is especially important in the summer months when attendance is down due to vacations. It saves interest on our line-of-credit.
What do I put in the offering plate on Sundays if I have already given in this way?There are two options open to you. One is to place nothing, the other is to put your envelope in empty but clearly marked POP. You may continue to use your offering envelope to support special pleas or offerings at Easter, etc.
How does the plan work?
- All records are kept confidential and are maintained in a locked file.
- You must register no later than one week prior to the first of the month you wish withdrawals to start.
- The offering is taken out of the bank on the first business day of the month. It is important to note that the amount is for one month and not per week. A calculation is included on the registration form to help you determine the correct offering amount.
- You may designate the breakdown of your offering in the same way you do on your offering envelope; i.e. Current, First Baptist Mission Fund, Sharing Way, etc. There is a section on the back of the form to do this.
- You may change or cancel from the plan at any time providing you do so in writing at least one week prior to the first of the month the change/cancellation is to take effect.