Service to Church and Others
1. Daffodils for Shut-ins: The Auxiliary will be delivering bouquets of daffodils to our shut-ins in April and would appreciate donations of tall, slim glass jars (pickles) for the bouquets. Please put them in the main kitchen on the office level over the next week.
2. Garage Sale: The spring Garage Sale will be held Saturday, April 26, 9am – 12pm. Donations of items and volunteers are needed. A sign-up sheet for volunteers is on the bulletin board in the parlour lobby.
3. Donations: At a recent meeting the Auxiliary voted to provide support for the following:
- FBCH Music Committee in the amount of $1500 to be used as they see fit
- Donations of $225 each to the FBCH Benevolent Fund, the FBCH Mission Fund, Laing House and Phoenix House
- Set aside $10,000 plus the net proceeds from the Garage Sale to be used for roof repairs
New Executive – At the Annual Meeting of the Auxiliary held on January 27, 2014, the following new Executive was elected:
President Marlene Dexter
Vice President: Jackie Eisner
Secretary: Linda MacIntosh
Treasurer: Robin MacInnis
Corresponding Secretary: Johanne McKee
Past President: Joanne Stonehouse
Thanks to the Auxiliary, new, fire retardant curtains for the stage in our Church Hall have been installed in time for Christmas. Take a look, they are just beautiful! Thank you!
Y ‘ALL COME!! Y’ ALL COME!!
After 120 years as a Women’s Auxiliary, it is time to be progressive and expand from being a `Ladies Only’ group and welcome the male sex into our ranks. Our name has been changed to the First Baptist Church Auxiliary and our by-laws have been revised to be gender neutral. Annual dues remain only $5.00.
Guys, Think of the opportunity to support fellow church members, provide financial assistance for church projects and provide community service! We even have an occasional guest speaker.
Just in case you are wonder what this group has been doing, here are some of its endeavors and accomplishments in the past 15 years:
– Major Fund Raising Projects:
Tea and Sale, Yard sale, Plant Sale, Bridge Social, Craft Sales
– Caring Church Support:
Poinsettia and daffodil visitation, Funeral and Memorial Receptions, Sunday lunche
– Church Financial Support:
Memorial and Benevolent Funds, Bayside Camp
– Property Maintenance: Financial Support for:
Windows, Doors, Elevator, Roof, ‘Big Dig’, Drapes, Parlor Furnishings, Carpeting, Snow Thrower
– Community Support: Charity donations annually such as:
Alzheimer’s Society, Laing House, Phoenix House, Bread of Life, Coverdale
Come with your new ideas, strengths, direction and your support. Be one of the first charter members of our newly organized group. (No one is going to ask you to make cookies!). The welcome mat is out and we look forward to having you join us. We meet on the 4th Monday of the month, usually in the afternoon and normally in the parlor. Call or e-mail Marlene Dexter, Auxiliary President for further information. It is a great way to get to know your church family.
– Members of the First Baptist Church Auxiliary ( all 25 of us!) Lets make it 50 strong!