Worship is at the centre of our shared life at FBCH (Guiding Statement 1). It has been wonderful this fall to welcome more of the FBCH congregation back to in person worship and the return of the Choir on September 12 has been met with great joy by those online and in person. The hope is that we can continue gathering in person as safely as possible while also supporting those worshipping online. Indeed, now that the choir is back work is underway to improve sound on the live stream (there is a big difference in capturing the voice of a soloist versus a choir).
As our Province moves into a modified version of Phase 5, FBCH remains committed to balancing our desire to nurture community life (Guiding Statement 2) with our commitment to keeping our staff and congregation safe, including children who are too young to be vaccinated and our vulnerable seniors.
Beginning on October 4
- The modified version of Phase 5 continues the Province’s masking mandate for indoor gatherings. Those entering the Church and gathering in groups should remain masked. This includes Sunday services.
- Vaccination verification is not mandated for worship services (“faith gatherings” as defined by the Province) where you are only in the Church Sanctuary and not accessing other parts of the Church. However, verification, for those eligible for vaccination, is required for all other church gatherings, including receptions like Coffee & Conversation, youth group, choir rehearsals, committee/group meetings and congregational meetings. A system is being set-up so that congregants can show their verification once or email to the Church office, and be entered into our Church database to be cleared for all future gatherings.
- Physical distancing is no longer required. Thus, beginning Sunday October 10, the distancing spacers in pews will be removed and congregants are free to sit where they choose. However, the row of pews along the back of the main floor will be setup for distancing should congregants desire to maintain distance.
- We will no longer require pre-registering for worship, which was primarily a tool to ensure we did not exceed our capacity due to physical distancing. However, you will still need to register upon entry for contact tracing purposes. If you regularly attend worship, the greeters will check you off. If not, please sign-in and, after your first time back, we will add you to the check-in list to simplify registration in the future.
- Singing is permitted while masked. Congregants are welcome to sing hymns.
- This information is being shared with renters and all those who use our space. Our Board of Management leadership is overseeing compliance on vaccine verification and other Covid related mandates among building users.