The annual meeting of the Congregation to consider the budget for 2021 will be held on Sunday 31 January beginning at 12:00 noon. Given the ongoing gathering restrictions and the possibility of even further tightening, the meeting will be held On-Line Only. Close to the date we will send out the details for joining in via Zoom.
We will be asked to consider the following items:
- Presentation and motion to adopt the 2021 Budget
- Presentation and motion to adopt the 2021 Mission Fund
- Motion to increase the financial support to the Property Redevelopment Committee for planning and professional consultation fees.
- At the 2020 Annual meeting the Congregation approved $35,000 in funding to support the work of the Property Redevelopment Committee. Over the past year these funds have allowed us to obtain professional architectural, legal and accounting services which have helped to clarify our development options, potential development costs and benefits, as well as our governance and financial arrangements. This work will put us in a better position to bring forward information and possibilities to the Congregation once we are better able to meet together.
- The costs associated with this work to date are approaching $20,000 and we anticipate having to seek further advice. These additional services will likely exhaust the remainder of the original approval and, in order to be able to continue without any inherent delays, the Congregation will be asked to approve an additional $15,000 in support funding.
The presentations for all three items will be pre-recorded and will be followed with opportunities for questions and comments. Please take the time to read the distributed material – it will make it easier to follow long during the online sessions and will give us more time for discussion and questions.
Please mark 31 January at 12:00 noon on your calendar and plan to be part of these important decisions.