Do to COVID-19 and potential maintenance projects in our Sanctuary, we are not able to book weddings for 2021 or 2022.
First Baptist Church Halifax is Welcoming and Affirming Christian Community which is here to help you plan your wedding so that it will be a meaningful service of worship for you and a memorable experience for those participating and in attendance. We hope that the love and joy that you experience before God on your wedding day will endure and that your years together will be rich with blessing.
If you are interested in checking availability and reviewing our wedding policies, contact our Coordinator for Congregational and Community Engagement.
Consider the following information prior to contacting FBCH about your wedding:
- We do not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation
- We require that a Minister of FBCH lead the wedding service, but other ministers/priests are welcome to assist with the approval of the Minister
- We require couples to meet with the Minister at least three times and to take a marriage preparation course
- Our Director of Music/Organist has the right to play for all weddings
- All music must be approved by the Church through the Director of Music and Minister
- A fee will be paid, usually 3 months before the wedding. It includes the use of the Sanctuary and the services of the Minister, Organist and Assistant Sexton for the Rehearsal and the Wedding